BICCL 6 — Call for Papers
Posted by useibert on Tuesday, December 28, 2010
The “ Permanent Committee of the International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages ” is pleased to announce that the 6th Biennial International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages (BICCL) will be hosted at the LLACAN (Langage, langues et cultures d’Afrique noire, UMR 8135 INALCO-CNRS) at Villejuif (near Paris) from September 22 to September 23, 2011.
This Colloquium takes place after those of Leipzig (2001), Prague (2003), Villejuif (2005), Bayreuth (2007), Leipzig (2009) taking up two discontinued traditions (the series of Leiden 1976, Hamburg 1981, Boulder 1987) and the Franco-German meetings in Paris (Groupe d’Etudes tchadiques, 1980 – 1997). It is devoted to all aspects of Chadic languages and linguistics, in particular:
- Descriptive linguistics of individual Chadic languages
- Comparative linguistics of Chadic languages
- Typology of Chadic languages
- Hausa linguistics
- The position of Chadic within Afroasiatic
- Chadic languages in contact with non-Chadic languages
- Oral literature in Chadic languages
Registration for the Villejuif meeting should contain:
- NAME AND ADDRESS (preferably e-mail AND snail mail),
- TITLE OF PAPER AND ABSTRACT (1 page),
- PLANNED DATES OF ARRIVAL (suggested: Wednesday, 21 st September)
AND DEPARTURE (suggested: Saturday, 24 th September),
- INDICATION OF PREFERRED ACCOMMODATION (single/double; hotel category or price).
Registrations should be addressed exclusively by e-mail to:
Subject : BICCL 2011
Deadline for submitting title and abstract: May 31, 2011.
Further details will be found in a second circular.
The “ Permanent Committee of the International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages ” is presently represented by Prof. Dr D. IBRISZIMOW (Lehrstuhl Afrikanistik II, University of Bayreuth), Dr H. TOURNEUX (LLACAN – CNRS / INALCO – Villejuif / Paris), and Professor (emeritus) Dr phil. habil. E. H. WOLFF (Lehrstuhl Afrikanistik, University of Leipzig).
Download this Announcement (PDF)