Fifth Biennial International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages (BICCL) in Leipzig
Posted by useibert on Monday, May 25, 2009
The Fifth Biennial International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages (BICCL) will take place in Leipzig from June 10th to 14th 2009.
The conference continues the series of Leipzig (2001), Prague (2003), Villejuif/Paris (2005), and Bayreuth (2007), taking up two discontinued traditions (the series of Leiden 1976, Hamburg 1981, Boulder 1987) and the Franco-German meetings in Paris (Groupe d’Etudes tchadiques, 1980 – 1997).
It is devoted to all aspects of Chadic linguistics, in particular:
- Descriptive linguistics of individual Chadic languages
- Comparative linguistics of Chadic languages
- Typology of Chadic languages
- Hausa linguistics
- the position of Chadic within Afroasiatic and
- Chadic languages in contact with non-Chadic languages.
You can download the colloquium’s programme here.