The 9th Biennial International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages (BICCL) will take place in Villejuif (France), September 7-8, 2017. This colloquium will be devoted to all aspects of Chadic languages and linguistics, in particular:
- Descriptive linguistics of individual Chadic languages
- Comparative linguistics of Chadic languages
- Typology of Chadic languages
- Hausa linguistics
- The position of Chadic within Afroasiatic
- Chadic languages in contact with non-Chadic languages
- Oral literature in Chadic languages.
The preliminary programme of the conference is now available here.
This Ninth Colloquium continues the series of Leipzig (2001 / 2009), Prague (2003), Villejuif/Paris (2005 / 2011), Bayreuth (2007 / 2014), Hamburg (2013), taking up two discontinued traditions (the series of Leiden 1976, Hamburg 1981, Boulder 1987) and the Franco-German meetings in Paris (Groupe d’Etudes tchadiques, 1980 – 1997).