BICCL 2017 – 2nd Announcement
Posted by useibert on Sunday, January 22, 2017
The 9th Biennial International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages (BICCL) will take place in Villejuif (France), September 7-8, 2017. This Colloquium will be devoted to all aspects of Chadic languages and linguistics, in particular:
- Descriptive linguistics of individual Chadic languages
- Comparative linguistics of Chadic languages
- Typology of Chadic languages
- Hausa linguistics
- The position of Chadic within Afroasiatic
- Chadic languages in contact with non-Chadic languages
- Oral literature in Chadic languages.
Registrations should be addressed exclusively by e-mail to:
email@example.com ; Subject : BICCL 2017
The following information is required for registration:
- Name and address (preferably e-mail AND snail mail)
- Professional affiliation
- Title of paper and abstract (1 page)
Deadline for submitting title and abstract: May 31, 2017.
The purpose of this second announcement is to allow you to search for funding, for LLACAN will not be able to provide any financial support for the participants.
A third one will be delivered in May, with accommodation and visa details.
There is also a web page at the following address: http://llacan.vjf.cnrs.fr/biccl/
You may consult this web page to see the tables of contents of our previous BICCL meetings proceedings.
This Ninth Colloquium continues the series of Leipzig (2001 / 2009), Prague (2003), Villejuif/Paris (2005 / 2011), Bayreuth (2007 / 2014), Hamburg (2013), taking up two discontinued traditions (the series of Leiden 1976, Hamburg 1981, Boulder 1987) and the Franco-German meetings in Paris (Groupe d’Etudes tchadiques, 1980 – 1997).
The “Permanent Committee of the International Colloquium on the Chadic Languages” is presently represented by:
- Dymitr Ibriszimow (Lehrstuhl Afrikanistik II, Bayreuth U.),
- Henry Tourneux (LLACAN – CNRS / INALCO – Villejuif and IRAD Maroua, Cameroon),
- Ekkehard Wolff (Professor & Chair emeritus African Linguistics, Leipzig U., Institut für Afrikanistik).
Local organizing committee:
- Henry Tourneux
- Yvonne Treis
- Jeanne Zerner